Getting much flack on the Sprawl series. Are they dead or just sleeping? Perhaps neither. Perhaps lawn oranments. What does, indeed, happen when children are not at their cutest? Out of context? What is the range of our emotional experience? How innate and universal, how ubiquitous is the parental instinct, the urge to protect?
Parents don't like the series. What I find ironic is that their eyes are immune to the large potbellies of starving refugees, with their beautiful saucer eyes. They marvel at the round cheeks of the handsome child soldiers, at a distance, removed. Enough attention to the detail to file an emotional response, but its impersonal.
Not bothered really. If Sprawl can get a respone from the viewer, then I have engaged the viewer in a debate. That is really simply what the series is about. The role of the image of the child in its environment
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.
Post a Comment